Admitted to the Nigerian Bar, 1977.
Education: University of Ife, Ile-Ife [LL.B Hons.], BL.
- Pupil State Counsel, Kwara State and Adviser to the Attorney General of Kwara State, 1978.
- Dr. F.A. Ajayi (SAN) Chambers, 1978-1979 and later went through tutelage under the late Abayomi Sogbesan (SAN) wherein he gained experience in Commercial Law practice and Advocacy; Tokunbo also participated in the celebrated case of Chief Obafemi Awolowo v Shehu Shagari in 1979 under Chief G.O.K Ajayi (SAN) and other landmark cases.
- Partner in ADESANYA & ADESANYA [Barristers, Solicitors and Notaries Public], 1981-2002.
- Admitted as Notary Public 1983.
- Partner in ADESANYA & AKISANYA [Barristers, Solicitors and Notaries Public], April 2002 till November 2010.
- November 2010 – Principal Partner, Rockville & Co
Tokunbo is an astute businessman, investor and business counsellor. He sits on the board of many blue chip companies amongst which are – Guaranty Trust Bank Plc from 2000 to 2010, WSTC Financial Services Limited, ISCARE Nigeria Limited.
Courses and seminars attended
Tokunbo has attended numerous courses at the Harvard Business School, Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A and at the Cranfield University, United Kingdom.
Harvard Business School
- 2003 – “Project Finance”;
- 2004 – “Project Acceleration & Personal Productivity”;
- 2006 – “Making Corporate Boards More Effective and Changing the Game: Negotiation” and “Competitive Decision Making – I”;
- 2007 – “Changing the game: Negotiation and Competitive Decision Making”;
- 2008 – “Audit Committee in a New Era of Governance”;
- 2009 – “Making Corporate Boards More Effective and Changing the Game:
Negotiation” and “Competitive Decision Making – II”.
Cranfield University, United Kingdom
July 2010 – Non-executive Directors Seminar.
- Nigerian Bar Association,
- International Bar Association,
- Metropolitan Club, Lagos.
- English, French and Yoruba.