- Jide was educated at University College London, England, where he obtained an LL.B in 2000 and an M.A in law and politics in 2001.
- Senior Associate in OLANIWUN AJAYI LP 2003-2010;
- BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO LTD (Secondment) July-Aug 2003;
- SECURITIES & EXCHANGE COMMISSION (Secondment) Feb-July 2010;
- Associate Partner in ROCKVILLE & CO. [Barristers, Solicitors and Notaries Public] November 2010 till date.
Jide has extensive legal experience in the areas of Banking & Capital Markets, Corporate and Project Finance, acquisitions, forensic investigation, regulatory and compliance, and general commercial law.
- Advised LAFARGE WAPCO in taking a €225million facility from a syndicate of lenders. Responsibilities included: review of finance and security documentation including but not limited to a Local Facilities Agreement, International Facilities Agreement, Shareholder Loan Agreement, Mortgage Debenture, Onshore Accounts Security Agreement, Offshore Accounts Security Agreement, Security Trust and Intercreditor Deed, e.t.c. The Lakatabu Expansion Project won the Euromoney Africa Industrial Deal of the Year award (2009).
- Advised FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC on its N40 billion financing of the Rainbow Town Development Project.
- Advised a syndicate of lenders on the N3 billion note issuance facility advanced to Obudu Cattle Ranch Resorts Limited
- Advised a syndicate of lenders on the N2 billion note issuance facility advanced to Studio Tinapa Limited
- Advised GTBank on its historic $350 million Eurobond issue. His responsibilities included: review of transaction documents – prospectus, subscription agreement, intercompany loan agreement and Trust Deed.
- Advised GTBank on its $250 million GDR issue.
- Advised IHS on its acquisition of Sky Telecoms Limited. The transaction involved conducting due diligence on Sky Telecoms, drafting and reviewing a Share Sale and Purchase Agreement, Shareholders Agreement and Escrow Agreement.
- Advised VGC Communications on its acquisition of the assets of Virgin Technologies Ltd. The transaction involved: conducting due diligence on Virgin Technologies Ltd, drafting an Asset Sale Agreement, Deed of Assignment (of license), Deed of Assignment (of contracts), Deeds of Release and transfer (of charged assets).
- Advised Lafarge Wapco on the N700 million sale of its subsidiary Portland Paints & Products (Nigeria) Limited.
- Advised VIRGIN NIGERIA on the removal of its CEO and drafted executive contracts for senior Virgin Nigeria staff;
- Advised V SHIPS UK LTD on legal framework governing recruitment in Nigeria;
- Acted as COMPANY SECRETARY for a number of Companies including: Chams Nigeria Plc, Oakwood Park Limited, Valucard Nigeria Plc, Triple Canopy Nigeria Operations Ltd, Oleander Lodge Limited, Midmane Investments (Proprietary) Limited, Dunn Loren Merrifield Limited.
- Nigerian Bar Association;
Jide has attended a number of conferences both in Nigeria and across the globe including:
- July, 2009 – IFC WORKSHOP on Loan Documentation;
- October, 2008 – EUROMONEY WORKSHOP on Syndicated Lending;
- November, 2008 – JP MORGAN SEMINAR on Global Depositary Receipts.
- September, 2006 – Custodial Service in an Emerging Market;
- September, 2008 – The Legal Aspects of Doing Business in Nigeria.
- English and elementary French.